Here is a quick update for you with SEVERAL IMPORTANT items for the week.
2019 Halftime Premiere and Parent Expo
· Tuesday, Aug. 20, and is open to the public
· 7:00 p.m. inside Husky Stadium
· No charge for admission or parking
· Parent Expo will begin shortly before the Premiere begins (about 6:45) and will run a few minutes after we are finished. For the expo, tables will be set up with parent coordinators for areas like chaperoning, equipment, concessions, etc. for you to ask questions, get information and even sign-up if you have not already.
· Premiere will start at 7:00, and will be done soon, so try not to be late.
· Practice for the students will be normal times, but in the stadium. We will feed them between practice and the premiere.
· A brief first aide overview will be held at 6:45 p.m. prior to the Premiere for those parents who are planning on chaperoning at some point this year and would like to get some info on how the school would like for us to treat the general first aide needs that we typically see when traveling with the band. Any parent interested is welcome to sit in. We will meet in the section of the stands the band normally sits in….down near the bottom.
Friday Night vs. McAdory
· Meet time/roll call is 6:00 p.m.
· Chaperones meet time is 5:30 if possible
· March-in will be roughly 6:15 p.m.
· Star Spangled Banner performed at 6:50 p.m.
2019 Band Specific Information
· The school code for Charms has changed. It is now “HelenaHighBand” which is the same as the old code, but without the spaces. This has been done to allow for updates in the program.
· Please note that we are now using the text feature in Charms, in particular for notifying parents about marching band practice attendance.
Concession Stand Shifts
· Remember that parents are responsible for working two shifts in the concession stand for each student you have in the band.
· Sign up for these shifts online at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090F4DADAF22A3FC1-hhsband
· Hopefully if you are wanting to chaperone this fall, you have already followed the instructions e-mailed out and notified the chaperone coordinators you are interested. If not, you should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you are interested. At this point, most spots may already be filled, but we encourage you to e-mail them your interest anyway.
Equipment Crew Sign-Up
· If you are wanting to volunteer for the equipment crew you should sign up at the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0948aba923a0fc1-helena
We are missing forms for over 50 students. It is imperative that we get these in this week as students who have not turned them in are not eligible to perform on Friday. You will receive a note through Charms if you are missing forms. Forms are accessible in Charms and are attached to this update.
More to come later. Have a GREAT AFTERNOON!!!